Friday, May 15, 2009

Yelping n Yammering

I joined Yelp today and started yelping :) Unlike my experience with Twitter, Yelping was indeed fun. I have used yelp for the last 1 year to find a good restaurant around NY and the first application on my iphone was yelp!

I started with providing a lot of reviews on the restaurants around NY where I have been and I have loved. I did provide a couple negative feedbacks too on places which were genuinely bad and i'm looking forward to more yelping :)

Today is also the day that my office is officially into Yammer. Its an online application or to put it another way.. its Twitter for "work". Well my experience with twitter was not great but now yammer is going to be a part of me at work. As though IMs were not enough that now we are yamming.

Well being a part of yelp is indeed being a part of an interesting online community. I am a very very new addition waiting to explore. Regarding yammer i'm skeptical... its more of a group chat and hyper connectivity that i do not enjoy.

My suggestion: use YammerFox just like TwitterFox to yammer on. Yelp on iphone is great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker