Shashi Tharoor won and so did UPA... not only in Kerala but in the whole country with a majority of ~260 seats that no one would have ever predicted. Most exit polls stuck around the 200-220 number. The election gurus predicted a hung parliament and as usual it was going to be a number game played by the parties. However, I am happy that atleast this has been avoided to some degree. I appreciate all the people who went out to vote and actually voted sensibly as can be seen in the crushing defeat of BSP, SP, RJD and CPI. I'm happy that atleast this time the democracy seemed to be moving in the right direction.
I have never been a UPA supporter rather in my childhood i was a BJP supporter and had remained awake till 2 am at the age of 11-12 to see the BJP rally pass by my home. So i was a ardent supporter of BJP.
Then as time passed and so did my loyalty shift. First to anti politics where I did not know what difference my vote made. Then to a voter who could not figure out the difference between the politicians from any party. They made the same promises, did the same corruption and went on to do nothing for the city, state or country. So whom should I vote????!!!!!!!
In India if one did not want to support the Gandhi dynasty then one did not have much of a choice. After Mr Vajpayee I am not a supporter of Mr Advani as he never came across to me as a sensible politician. On the other hand I have Mayawati whoz done her damage in UP and now is ready to take on the nation. Ha! if she becomes the PM then i'm happy being an NRI and i think i'll soon apply for citizenship here. I do not want to have anything to do with the country run by Mayawati or Lalu.
Secondly, all the parties have similar agendas and similar policies and seriously, none of them are going to fulfill all these election promises. So no point in listening to their lectures. So what is it that I find in a politician to choose from. Right now i believe off the given options UPA seems the most promising with Manmohan Singh as the PM. Though, he many be a puppet still he seems to be doing the job pretty well.
I appreciate the choice for cabinet ministers by the UPA government and this time I'm closely watching.
I have never been a UPA supporter rather in my childhood i was a BJP supporter and had remained awake till 2 am at the age of 11-12 to see the BJP rally pass by my home. So i was a ardent supporter of BJP.
Then as time passed and so did my loyalty shift. First to anti politics where I did not know what difference my vote made. Then to a voter who could not figure out the difference between the politicians from any party. They made the same promises, did the same corruption and went on to do nothing for the city, state or country. So whom should I vote????!!!!!!!
In India if one did not want to support the Gandhi dynasty then one did not have much of a choice. After Mr Vajpayee I am not a supporter of Mr Advani as he never came across to me as a sensible politician. On the other hand I have Mayawati whoz done her damage in UP and now is ready to take on the nation. Ha! if she becomes the PM then i'm happy being an NRI and i think i'll soon apply for citizenship here. I do not want to have anything to do with the country run by Mayawati or Lalu.
Secondly, all the parties have similar agendas and similar policies and seriously, none of them are going to fulfill all these election promises. So no point in listening to their lectures. So what is it that I find in a politician to choose from. Right now i believe off the given options UPA seems the most promising with Manmohan Singh as the PM. Though, he many be a puppet still he seems to be doing the job pretty well.
I appreciate the choice for cabinet ministers by the UPA government and this time I'm closely watching.


No comments:
Post a Comment