Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gymming and Second Resolution

Hmmmm.... So on Feb 28th totally dead, cold and with fever after shifting my apmt i walked into the gym with nothing but a credit card in my pocket. Yes, I joined the gym and the rest is history.

To motivate myself to walk out of my warm bed on a cold day to nothing more pleasant but the GYM was pretty hard. So i started with the group classes that they offer. I thought at least I can be a back-bencher there and enjoy a little bit of time pass. So I started with the pilates class hardly knowing what I was getting into. I was dead in like 20 mins. I donno how I managed to raise my legs for the next 40 mins. It waas a 1 hr class and I must tell u my legs and stomach muscles hurt for a week.

The next day I went for cardio dance session. When I was walking towards the class all I heard was "Pyare pyare lamhe pyari pyari baatein wherez the party tonight?" ???!!!!????!!!!! Yes, I was equally confused and I saw the class dancing to KANK number ... I was shocked! Imagine my horror when it was a Afro-American leading the group on a bollywood number. Anyway I was totally confused but I was tired by the end of the dance.

I must say this was the worst experience in the whole weekend. I felt ashamed of myself unable to do simple steps. I must say I used to consider myself a little flexible and to some little extend able to dance but Saturday proved me wrong. I was unable to stretch... I was unable to dance. I looked at myself in the mirror in the gym I was finding myself like the most useless person. Anyway i went for the Yoga session on Sunday with every inch of me aching. Finally I loved the shav asan and came back home. The 3 days make me realize that I've become old ;) or rather uselessly inflexible.

So with renewed energy i've been going to go to gym for the last 2 months now.. and there goes a check against my 2nd resolution. So now that summer's here I've just one more to go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker