I read some reviews about this book online and my roommate and her friend made a big deal about this book. So finally when i got a chance I got this book from NY Public Library. Being already over burdened by some books (i was reading Blink and had the next book from Shashi Tharoor in my hand) I really wanted to have a quick and light read.
I started this book on a train ride to NY. I read a couple of pages and I thought "Oh! okay someone is talking about positive thinking in a little bit (or very) exaggerated way!".. I decided to continue reading and the book started going deeper into universal 'law of attraction' and that this was a "Secret" and now I am a part of this secret! I was a little skeptical about this and how this "common sense" was a "secret" was not making much sense. The books says: The law of attraction demands only this:
I started this book on a train ride to NY. I read a couple of pages and I thought "Oh! okay someone is talking about positive thinking in a little bit (or very) exaggerated way!".. I decided to continue reading and the book started going deeper into universal 'law of attraction' and that this was a "Secret" and now I am a part of this secret! I was a little skeptical about this and how this "common sense" was a "secret" was not making much sense. The books says: The law of attraction demands only this:
- Know what you want and ask the universe for it.
- Feel and behave as if the object of your desire is on its way.
- Be open to receiving it.
By the first point i was wondering what I want to ask to the universe. So i thought how about a car ;-) . So then point 2 was meaningless cause I could not behave as thought I already owned a car! After all i cant start giving exuses to my friend ki "yaar traffic mein phas gayi" :P. So then be open to receiving it was ofcourse! i'm always open to such tarakki in standard of living :)
Anyhow, I think this book is for people who need to have a session in +ve thinking or are going through depression. Unfortunately, the person who walks every step with a jump and is smiling on a subway needs something different.
My Rating: 2.5/10
(Note: This is my personal belief... i do not believe common sense is a secret.. but i do believe common sense is not common!)
Anyhow, I think this book is for people who need to have a session in +ve thinking or are going through depression. Unfortunately, the person who walks every step with a jump and is smiling on a subway needs something different.
My Rating: 2.5/10
(Note: This is my personal belief... i do not believe common sense is a secret.. but i do believe common sense is not common!)


No comments:
Post a Comment