Sunday, February 01, 2009

Mickey, FootBall and Super Bowl

Super Bowl 2009... my first super bowl ever or the biggest event for American Football. Recently i came across the fact that : ~ 3,500,000+ pizzas are sold by Domino's and Pizza hut during this 'one day' event! The country seems to be goin crazy ;)

Seriously, this game should not be called the foot ball. The first time I watched this game i was wondered what was happening. There were a group of people running into each other and trying to get the ball across the field. I did'nt understand why everyone has to smash into each other! Further, the weird thing about it is that its called foot ball where as there is no 'foot' involved!

My first introduction to the American Football was when i was a very small child and i was watching Mickey mouse. He was playing this game against the 'Alley Cats'. It is amazing that i found this exact video on YouTube and it says its 1932 wow! i saw that video in India on Doordashan in 1980s :)



Well in the whole cartoon for like 4-5 minutes Mickey makes a lot of touch downs. Finally, he is victorious and I was the happiest kid that day :) This was the first time I learnt about this another version of the 'football' apart from the 'Santosh Cup' that is famous in India.

So super bowl 2009 was'nt very special with 2 not so special teams (pittsburg and arizona) in the finals. Seriously, until the last 15 minutes the game was one-sided. Anyway, I enjoyed my first super bowl and I did have a Domino's pizza :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker