Saturday, September 18, 2010

Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

I rarely read motivational books but this one was recommended by a friend a long long time ago. I just never got the book in hand so when it came I left everything aside for this book.

The book is about a successful (of course cause he had a Ferrari) lawyer Julian who sold his Ferrari to find higher purpose of his life. He went east to India and in the high mountain ranges of Himalayas he found the sages who gave him the lesson he now gives to his friend John.


The book by Robin Sharma is good for motivation and written in a very very simple language. The whole narration is about two friends talking about life. John could be just another guy.. it could be me, you or anyone. The questions John asks are something that I also thought when I was reading.

Broadly speaking the book is about how people do not have time to eat right, live right, breathe right and even feel right. Everyone is stressed, tired and just simply stuck in the rat race. Julian just tries to suggest simple changes to ones routine that can make a big difference in ones life, health, mental peace etc. I agree with him for all he says but...

Anyway for anyone looking for motivational stuff and trying to change their lifestyle there are pretty nice things in here that are very practical, useful and I would suggest a quick read.

My Rating: 5.5/10 (Note: I'm not a fan of motivational books.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker