Sunday, August 29, 2010

Onam Once Again

Every year I think next Onam will be different and I will have a big big sadya. [Some how i guess i became food centric!]. I have very unsuccessfully been trying to cook (here) or make it special  (here) in the past 4 years in US. This year too Onam came and went as just another day at work for me but there is something special that I like about this onam.

This year 2 of my friends are going back to college. One in INSEAD to do her MBA which she's been trying to join for 4 years [first CAT and then GMAT and finally Europe is what was destined for her]. Second friend of mine returns to college after 10 years fo being a house wife. Its a beginning of a new phase of her life and a new independence. I am really happy as the class started on the onam day [so the start were right]. I take some credit in her joining college cause I nagged her all while I was in college and in the last 5 years we've been in US. So finally finally it all worked out well.

I wish them both the very best and hopefully a year or two down I'll be attending graduation ceremonies of two accomplished people. A really good Onam ... looking forward to many such special ones :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker