Thursday, August 06, 2009

Veggie Combo...$6.50

Once upon a time there was a competition in a college (not mine) to list the worst combination of food items. Well, there are many that come to mind but one had to think reallllyyyyy hard to get a winning combo. Well, from what I heard was laddu with sambar was one of the finalists. Which was explained in detail where in a mashed laddu over which steaming hot sambar was poured and of course the first comment from everyone I ever mentioned this was "yuk!". Anyway this combo was indeed good but I think if I would have gone to the competition I would have listed rasam with hakka noodles and mango lassi for a drink OR pasta with Punjabi Kadhi.

Well yesterday I had a unique experience of tasting a really amazing combination… and this happened by chance. I had a vessel full of gulab jamuns and I could not help but have one so I quickly put a really good one in my mouth. Putting this vessel down and slowly chewing the Gulab Jamun I was enjoying every second of the gulab jamun in my mouth. With the other hand I was emptying sambar into a small bowl and I got some sambar on my fingers. Without a thought I licked my fingers and there it was. Gulab jamun and sambar were forming a khichidi in my mouth. On second thoughts….hmmm not bad ;)

4 comments:

  1. my entry for worst combination of food items would've been: steamed noodles with hot milk. Wadya think?

    Gulab Jamun. yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now we have a winner here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jamuns!! next time let me know, I'l be there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure Venkatesh ur always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker