Monday, August 10, 2009

We Two

"Current" frequently went in Kerala. Yes, we called it 'current' instead of electricity and it always came and went. From childhood I have been used to the 1/2 hour of power cut between (6pm - 10pm) that Kerala State Electricity Board put us through just so that we can have electricity the rest of the day. These were those blissful moments away from homework and noise. I appreciate the quiet family time we had around the candle OR a light walk on the terrace.

For these load-shedding times a candle and match box were always ready in all the rooms. At any point in time all of us knew exactly where to find them. The match box that I've been seeing from my childhood is the WE TWO :)... heheheeeeeee I never found it so funny before maybe because I never looked at the picture or its name before.


Ever since I landed in US its been a task to light a candle for someone's bday cause we never had a match box. My house at the university had a electric stove so we cud'nt light a candle from there. My roommate kept a cigarette lighter to light candles or the lamp for pooja (ya pooja... just imagine!).

In NY now i have a gas stove and its easy to light a candle. Recently, I bought a scented candle which was in a bottle, well lets just say I spent a minute again on technicalities. Oh! i miss the We Two's ;) I think I need some in America OR maybe I should visit an Indian store in Jersey. As I'm told everything's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker