Saturday, July 21, 2007

On my way home....

Today as I walked home as usual i was wandering and talking on the phone. Suddenly, there was a tortoise that crossed my path. It was a very small one... a child perhaps! Seeing me approach it pulled itself into its shell and watched me pass. I stood motionless to watch its reaction and it waited a while and then continued its journey into the open world. It was too small to be away from family or its home. I remembered my home, my parents and the security they gave me. For a couple of seconds I felt like the tortoise lost in the open and unable to go back. What would i do??????

Anyway, I have never seen a tortoise out in the open and it must have been lost or some pet wandered outside. It was too small for it to be there and I was scared that it might get under some vehicle. I have never had pets and I dint plan to pick it up and take it home. I stood there watching it cross a parking lot and confused as what to do.

I decided to go home which was a block away and get some phone number for some pet agency or animal shelter. I started walking away but i kept lookin back. I still dint want anything to happen to that tortoise. Some how in the last few minutes I had an attachment to it and I felt that it was yearning to go home. Being so farr away from home.... maybe even I felt the same!

I had hardly walked 20 steps when a car turned into the building at a very high speed. My heart stopped beating as I wasn't sure if the driver saw the tortoise. I started walking back and soon started running. The last thing i wanted was the tortoise killed and i would blame myself for not having the guts to lift it and take it home :-( I was surprised to see the guy from the car came out, lifted the tortoise and took it in :-) I knew it was safe and I was at ease too :-)

Maybe it had found a new home and live happily ever after.... maybe???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
eXTReMe Tracker