As I was turning off the lights yesterday I made sure the blinds were up by the last couple inches. This ensures the morning sunlight to give me darshan when I'm snoozing my alarm for just 5 more minutes.
As I lay down I could see him. He was across my building in an apartment at least a floor above me i.e. around 32nd floor and he was standing at the window. All I could see was a dark frame of a man standing in the yellow light of the room. He went back to his desk and that is when i saw it. A binoculars to peek out. The little sleep that I had vanished as I watched him look out of his window in the 2 apartment buildings across from his.. one being mine! It was 12:03 to be exact and there are at least 200 apartments for him to look into. He spent some time trying to find something interesting but i guess he lost his interest soon.
This was followed by a dance session. How much ever a person can dance in his bedroom at 12:15 AM it's pretty funny to watch the frame moving. I must say I enjoyed the performance as the frame moved back and forth and he did a whole song (I guess!) This was followed by another 10 minute session of peeking into the neighborhood to ensure all nightly activities were being performed :) Finally he sat down on his desk I believe to blog/tweet his daily report.
This is not the first time I've seen the watch man there are several of them. Many people at many times can/could see the other apartments. But won't it be wise to at least turn off your lights so that you are not visible! Does that mean I do that????!!!!??? I turned around and fell asleep with the idea :)
V Madhavan Nair (1945-2025)
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment