
When I started this book I did not expect this!
I bought '3 mistakes of my life' from Shoppers Stop without reading any review or having any pre-conceived idea about this book. Of course, I had read One Night at the Call Center by Chetan Bhagat and my friends raved about Five Point Someone which unfortunately I have not read. I now believe that Chetan Bhagat knows how to keep up the momentum of the book . There is not one chapter in his books that I have had to think.. “Oh! When will this finish!” .. I must say some other books I have done that.
3 mistakes of my life starts with a suicide note from “Govind Patel” to Chetan. Worried Chetan tries to save/stop Govind and the book is a narration from Govind on the hospital bed. The story starts in Ahmedabad @ the turn of the century. Though the book is based in Ahmedabad but it relates to every Indian who watches cricket, who dreams of doing something big someday, who has had fights with friends, who has seen Hindu – Muslim rivalry. When I started this book I just could not put it down and when I did I was trying to get my hands on it as fast as I could.
Like one night at the call center this book is a one night read ;) and 200 pages are not that much specially when the story gets better and better. The story takes twists and turns but never predictable. Chetan keeps the book very much Indian and he even uses ‘orkut’ to track down Govind (I must say some people who read this book have checked Govind on orkut.). The book is very simple, realistic and very much in the spirit of India. It covers the 3 mistakes that Govind makes in life and how he ends up in the hospital bed. The book also has lots of ‘masala’ like a Bollywood movie. For people who like to read fiction… this is a good book.


No comments:
Post a Comment